What are the Reasons Your Fire Extinguishers Need to be Serviced?Posted on Sep 06, 2021
Whether you are in a factory/industry, hospital, restaurant, hotel, in an office, or in a residential building, fire extinguishers are an essential fire safety tool to have on the premises. It should not only be encouraged to have one on the premises but it is a requirement as per the building codes of fire compliance. Purchasing and distributing the appropriate number of fire extinguishers is only half of what is necessary to protect yourself and your property from fire. In order for fire extinguishers to provide you with peace of mind and perform as intended, you must maintain them with proper fire extinguisher services.
The maintenance of fire extinguishers is critical. It is critical not only as a legal requirement but as extinguishers play a crucial part in putting fires out before they get out of hand so it’s vital that they work when needed the most. Every fire extinguisher should be inspected in-house by a trained professional every month and a record should be kept that includes the initials of the individual that has completed the inspection. Every year, your fire extinguisher service should include an annual inspection by a licensed and trained professional from a company like Impact Fire and Safety Appliances Pvt. Ltd. As it not only eliminates the risk of non-working of a fire extinguisher in the need of hours but saves you a lot of money in the aftermath of a fire incident.
5 Reasons Why Your Fire Extinguisher Needs to be Serviced
- Invisible damage – Every fire extinguisher is prone to damage or deterioration over a period of time and it can occur in hard-to-see areas.
- Blockages - Over a period of time a hose can get blocked due to debris or insects and these potential blockages can damage the hose that impacts their functionality
- Potential Leaks – Hard to detect minor and very fine leaks in a fire extinguisher and render them useless.
- Effect of Vital Information – Over a period of time fire extinguishers experience general wear and tear, especially if they are outdoors or in an active warehouse setting. One possible effect of this wear can be fading, illegible maintenance labels.
- Recharging - If any extinguishers were used, even partially, they will need to be recharged immediately after use to ensure they are ready to be used again in the future.
According to fire safety law, every extinguisher needs to be serviced once a year, even if they are not used and they should go through a hydrostatic test every 3 years. Team of Impact Fire and Safety Appliances experts are ready to help you to provide the highest quality products, training, and service for all of your fire extinguisher needs. Give us a call today to get started.